Advices and recommendations
- Protect your email and public profiles: Come up with keywords and passwords that are not easy to find out. It is recommended to make them alphanumeric, that means to use numbers (from 0 to 9) and words (include upper and lower case letters) and to improve safety use symbols too(¿, #, +, *, -, among others).
- Do not share your personal information: Do not share your passwords with anyone. Be very careful when using a computer or mobile phone that does not belong to you since said equipment could have some kind of program (keylogger) that saves your password.
- Protect your privacy: Don’t publish your private life since it can be risky or dangerous for you and your family and you can become victim of a crime (scam, extortion or sexual abuse).
- Do not accept strangers on your contacts: Remember that strangers are still strangers online. Many aggressors use fake profiles (singers, artists, etc.) to establish contact with future victims.
- Be careful with the websites you visit and the programs you use: Many of the virus that attack an equipment are the result of downloading messages, attachments, images or videos which present themselves as interesting files but their objective is to infect your computer and steal or damage the information you kept. Always use safe websites and programs.
- Protect yourself when surfing the net: Use authentic and not pirated antivirus and antispyware programs. There are free antivirus online (avast, avg, panda, etc.) that will help you to navigate the net securely.
- Don’t get distracted: Just as when you are walking astreet, you have to be attentive and careful when you are online. Don’t get distracted. Use wisely all the programs, tools and applications that technology gives you nowadays.
For more information, go to these link “Navegando Seguros”